For more information on news and awards, visit our News & Events page.
The University of Florida’s Association of Hispanic Alumni (AHA) recently selected Carlos A. Penin, PE, (CCE, ‘77) to receive the 2022 Gran Caimán of the Year award for his passion, commitment and leadership beyond engineering. “I am humbled beyond words in receiving this honor. First, it recognizes my Cuban American heritage, and second, I join many ...READ MORE
The University of Florida’s Eckhoff Steel Bridge team has done it again. The team placed first in the American Institute of Steel Construction’s (AISC) Student Steel Bridge National Competition for the second year in a row. The competition was hosted by Virginia Tech on May 27 and 28 with more than 140 participating schools internationally. “The team, ...READ MORE
Sophie Spratley, Ph.D., an academic advisor in the Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering within the Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment (ESSIE), was named the University of Florida’s (UF) Professional Advisor of the Year. She is the sole recipient of the award. “Sophie is an amazingly talented and dedicated individual and we are incredibly ...READ MORE
Christopher Ferraro, Ph.D., P.E., a civil engineering assistant professor within the University of Florida Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment (ESSIE), has received the American Concrete Institute’s (ACI) Delmar L. Bloem Distinguished Service Award for his work on technical committees. Dr. Ferraro is one of three recipients to be awarded for 2022. “Dr. Ferraro’s service ...READ MORE
Kathe Todd-Brown, Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences within the Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment, has been awarded the National Science Foundation’s (NSF) CAREER award to improve the predictive understanding of soil carbon dynamics by connecting different theories with diverse measurements. With a background in computational biogeochemistry, Dr. ...READ MORE
- empowering the next generation of engineers to continue exploring innovative sustainable solutions. (2013): An environmental engineer with both master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Florida, Durham is a serial entrepreneur as well as a recognized leader in energy and environmental policy. He has been involved in the measurement and control of emissions from the coal-fired power industry for over 40 years. He currently invests his time and resources
- George Kirkland (2014): – Created the George Kirkland Professorship in Engineering Leadership. It was the first endowed faculty position with a component dedicated to leadership education at the college.
- Ernest Hendricks (1972) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award
- James F. Shivler, Jr. (1972) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Leon B. Thrasher (1981) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award