For more information on news and awards, visit our News & Events page.
This article was written by ARTBA and originally published on the Construction Equipment Guide website. Lily Elefteriadou, Ph.D., the Barbara Goldsby Professor of civil engineering and the director of the UF Transportation Institute (UFTI), received the American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) prestigious S.S. Steinberg Award. Lily (Ageliki) Elefteriadou, a professor of civil engineering and the ...READ MORE
The Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences graduate program within the Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment (ESSIE) is now ranked No. 18, jumping two spots from No. 20, according to the 2021 U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools. “We are thankful for the support of engineering deans and chairs who continue to acknowledge ...READ MORE
Xiaoyu Song, an assistant professor of civil engineering at the Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment (ESSIE) in the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, received a National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development Award (CAREER) to study failures in unsaturated porous media. “I am honored to receive the NSF CAREER award and am grateful ...READ MORE
Alumni from the University of Florida have created and guided some of the most innovative and profitable businesses in the nation and the world. Each year, the UF Alumni Association, in partnership with the UF Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center recognizes these amazing entrepreneurs with the Gator100 at a ceremony held on the main UF campus in Gainesville. Congratulations ...READ MORE
Thomas Lutza (BSCE ’19) was named a University of Florida (UF) Outstanding Four-Year Scholar at the Outstanding Leaders & Scholars ceremony on December 13. Lutza just received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. Every commencement, UF and the Alumni Association select outstanding students based on overall achievements. The committee ...READ MORE
- empowering the next generation of engineers to continue exploring innovative sustainable solutions. (2013): An environmental engineer with both master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Florida, Durham is a serial entrepreneur as well as a recognized leader in energy and environmental policy. He has been involved in the measurement and control of emissions from the coal-fired power industry for over 40 years. He currently invests his time and resources
- George Kirkland (2014): – Created the George Kirkland Professorship in Engineering Leadership. It was the first endowed faculty position with a component dedicated to leadership education at the college.
- Ernest Hendricks (1972) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award
- James F. Shivler, Jr. (1972) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Leon B. Thrasher (1981) (deceased): Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award