The sustainable materials management group is in the Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences. A combination of field and laboratory activities focus on the applied research needs of the solid waste management community. This program focuses on reduction, resource and energy extraction, recycling and beneficial reuse, and sustainable disposal of domestic solid waste streams and industrial byproducts. Undergraduate and graduate student course topics include fundamentals of waste management, landfill design, and beneficial use of waste materials.
Research Focus Areas
- Recycling of waste-to-energy ash
- Sustainable landfill design and operation
- Construction and demolition debris management
- Beneficial use of waste materials
- Sustainable materials management
Graduate Program Study
412 Black Hall
460B Weil Hall
204 Black Hall
To view a full listing of each person’s profile, visit the Sustainable Materials Management category in our directory.