Our alumni continue to make outstanding contributions to society through producing global, interdisciplinary, and socially-relevant solutions to solve the complex problems of the 21st century. Together, graduates strive toward the vision of a world that embraces sustainability of infrastructure and the environment.
Connect with alumni and friends via social media:
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering social media accounts:
UF Distinguished Alumnus Award Recipients
- Charles (Chick) W. Gregg: Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award. President & CEO, Greater Construction Corp. & Retired Ex. Vice President & CEO of Reynolds, Smith & Hills.
- Bob Powell: Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award. Powell Brothers Barge Terminal, Inc.
- Arthur W. Saarinen: Received College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Dr. R. Bruce Taylor: Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Taylor Engineering, Inc. Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- John W. Vogt: Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Dr. Paul Zung-Teh Zia: Received UF College of Engineering Distinguished Alumnus Award , Retired from NC State Dept. of Civil Engineering & formerly of Becton Dickinson.
- Dr. Michael Durham
ESSIE Alumni of Distinction
- Dr. Kathy Banks: Dean of the College of Engineering Texas A&M
- Karen Bass: Partner and Principal of Moore Bass Consulting. Serves on the Board of Directors for the Bank of Tallahassee as well as the Board of Directors for the Tallahassee Lenders Consortium.
- Dr. Philip Bedient: Dr. Philip B. Bedient is the Herman Brown Professor of Engineering in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Rice University.
- Dr. Mark Brown: Professor, Director of the Center for Wetlands, EES, ESSIE, UF
- Mr. Jack Campo: Co-Founder of Kisinger, Campo & Associates. Endowed the Kisinger, Campo & Associates Term Professorship in Transportation.
- Mr. David O. Charland: Chairman of Jenkins and Charland, Inc. Appointed by Florida Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
- Dr. David Cornwell: President of Environmental Engineering and Technology
- Deborah P. Divine : Former mayor of Salina, Kansas.
- Mimi Drew: former Secretary of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and currently President of Drew & Assoc.
- Dr. Michael Durham: President and CEO of ADA-ES, Inc.
- Mr. Bob Edmunds: Executive Vice President of Jones Edmunds.
- Mr. Donald L. Ellington: Co-founder of Cassueax and Ellington, now named Causseaux, Hewett & Walpole.
- Dr. Efi Foufoula-Georgiou: Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Joseph T. and Rose S. Ling Chair in Environmental Engineering, Director, National Center for Earth-surface Dynamics (NCED)
- Thomas Furman: Former CEO of CDM
- W.W. “Gric” Gibbs: One of the Department of Civil Engineering’s first graduates – 1909.
- Mr. Tom R. Kelley: CCE Graduate and Football Hall of Fame.
- Dr. Miguel Medina: Professor Emeritus, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Duke University
- Mr. Raymond W. Miller: Former CEO of WilsonMiller, Inc. Serves on the Florida Engineering Foundation Board of Trustees. ASCE Engineer of the Year in 1987.
- Dr. William Mitsch: Eminent Scholar and Director, Everglades Wetland Research Park, Florida Gulf Coast University, Naples, Florida.
- Dr. Steven Nix: Dean of the College of Engineering Texas A&M, Kingsville
- Mr. Stephen L. Precourt: Former principal of DRMP (Dyer, Riddle Mills, and Precourt). Now serves on Florida House of Representatives. American Society of Civil Engineers, Central Florida Chapter, Engineer of the Year 2004 & 2006.
- Mr. J.P. “Butch” Terpening: Founder and President of Culpepper and Terpening.
- Dr. Tim Townsend: Professor, EES, ESSIE, UF
- Robert Uhler: MWH Global Chairman and CEO