Patricia TurnerResearch Coordinator Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering
Patricia is an experienced traffic safety researcher and having held research positions at academic institutions in Texas and Florida. Ms. Turner‚ conducted studies for Federal and state departments of transportation and public safety and served on numerous panels and committees to improve traffic safety. Patricia’s published work includes studies of motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists, alcohol, school bus, school-age children and young and older drivers.
Patricia Turner is an education and training specialist with the University of Florida Transportation Institute’s Technology Transfer Center where she delivers training courses and webinars for the Center’s grant and auxiliary programs to transportation professionals and the public, and oversees the PedBike and Occupant Protection resource centers.
Area within ESSIE
UF Transportation Institute
Bachelor’s Degree, 1995, Inter-American University of Puerto Rico
Master’s Degree, 1999, Michigan State University
Awards & Distinctions
- UF Superior Accomplishment Award, 2004
- Administrative Leadership Award, Council of University Transportation Centers – ARTBA, 2016
- UF Leadership Academy, 2016
- Co-Chair, TRB Subcommittee ABG20(6) – Ahead of the Curve: Mastering the Management of Transportation Research, 2016 to present
- Panel Member, NCHRP Project 20-105B, TRB/National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, 2019 to present