Chang-Yu WuProfessor Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences
Professor Wu’s teaching and research interests range from air pollution control, aerosol science, environmental nanotechnology, dust control to engineering education. As of 03/2019, he has published 150+ refereed journal articles, given 300+ conference presentations and 70+ invited lectures, 6 US patents and 3 pending applications. An active member of A&WMA, AAAR and AEESP, he has received several awards recognizing his accomplishments in education, research and services.
Primary Research Area
Other Research Areas
Engineering Education, Environmental Nanotechnology
Aerosol, Air Pollution Control, Particle Technology, Health Effects
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1989, National Taiwan University
M.S., Environmental Engineering, 1993, University of Cincinnati
Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, 1996, University of Cincinnati
Awards & Distinctions
- 2015 Lyman A. Ripperton Environmental Educator Award, Air & Waste Management Assoc.
- 2015 John J. McCreary Outstanding Faculty Award, Soc. Environmental Engineers,
- 2011-12 Top Cited Paper, Chem. Eng. J., doi:10.1016/j.cej.2011.03.003.
- 2011 Top Cited Paper, Appl. Catal. B: Environ., doi:10.1016/j.apcatb.2010.08.015.
- 2011 Elmer L. Hann Award, Soc. Naval Architects & Marine Engineers
- 2006 HHMI Distinguished Mentor Award, Science for Life Program at University of Florida