Mang TiaProfessor Department of Civil & Coastal Engineering
Dr. Mang Tia is Professor of Civil Engineering at University of Florida, where he has been actively engaged in teaching and research since 1982. His areas of specialties include (1) Asphalt and Concrete Materials, (2) Asphalt, Concrete, and Composite Pavements, (3) Accelerated Testing of Full-Scale Pavements, and (4) Instrumentation for Pavements and Materials Testing.
Primary Research Area
Materials & Pavements
Asphalt and Concrete Materials, Asphalt, Concretee, and Composite Pavements, Accelerated Testing of Pavements, and Instrumentation for Pavements and Materials Testing.
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1976, M.I.T; Civil Engineering, 1976, M.I.T.
M.S., Civil Engineering, 1978, Purdue University
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1982, Purdue University
Awards & Distinctions
- University Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1996
- College of Engineering Outstanding Teacher Award, 1991
- Top-100 Researcher at University of Florida award, 1989
- Top-100 Researcher at University of Florida award, 1988
- Top-50 Researcher at University of Florida award, 1987
- Tau Beta Pi, Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1984
- U.S. Patent #5,219,388 ‚Äì Field Permeability Test Apparatus for Concrete, co-inventer, awarded June 1993